Friday, August 22, 2014

::Summerbreak 2014::


Many who live in Japan take summer break on Aug.13th-15th. 
I took these days off and went for a long road trip with my parents this year.
My parents live in Nagano but their parents' homes are located in Fukui and Hyogo.
We drove all the way to visit our grandmothers.


The night I went back home in Nagano.
The most exciting thing about going home is her, Myako.
She was being so grumpy that night and didn't like my warm greeting tho...

Our road trip began the next early morning.
First stop : Fukui.


It is our tradition to visit our ancestor's grave every summer,
and have a huge watermelon.


After a night, we took an early morning drive over to Hyogo.


A quick breakfast break at a local cafe.


Mixed fruit juice was sweet and nutritious :)
This day, my uncle was planning on having a big birthday party at night 
for my grandmother's 80th birthday.
Family on my mother's side all gathered in Himeji-city to have a wonderful dinner.


On the way to the dinner.


Table for 12 :)




Next day, my cousins and I went to Takeda Castle Ruins.
It was supposed to look like a castle in the sky like this photo below,
but when we almost got there heavy rain and storm hit us.
We got soaking wet on top of this castle!



Photo I took at the ruins.

My parents and I left my grandmother's place next early morning
and had 9 hours drive back to Nagano.


Since we left the house empty for 3 days,
it seemed like she needed a lot of attention.
She was sleeping on top of my belly for a while :)


My mother and I had a nice chatting time on the last day of my summer break.
Everytime I go back to Nagano and have some time, 
I visit my friend's salon to have my hair colored and cut.
I got my hair back in black again.
This feels more like myself.


Though it was a busy sleepless summer break,
quality time with my family was nice. 

How did you spend your summer holidays this year?

Thank you for reading!

xoxo
Yuki♫
























No comments:

Post a Comment