Tuesday, November 25, 2014

::Kyoto Day 2::


Second day in Kyoto
We started our day in Arashiyama 【嵐山】



Arashiyama is famous for this bridge "Togetsu-kyo" (渡月橋)
which is called Moon Crossing Bridge in English.
Think people in Heian era looked at the moon crossing over the river on the bridge.

We took a 5 mins walk from Togetsu-kyo to Tenryuji temple.
It was the best time to see the view of red leaves here.




The view from inside of the temple.



The weather was so nice 
and the reflection on the ponds made the view even more beautiful.


I love this color of autumn.


Bamboo grove which surrounds Tenryuji temple.
So many people were here for taking photos.
and.... I took this one doing a backbend!


I had a hard time drawing a straight line over my head....
there are some missing parts (black parts) in this panorama....
But isn't this cool?? 

We dropped by a pillow store on the way to Kinkakuji temple (金閣寺)


You can order a pillow with any fabric they have in store.
I got a little box shaped pillow that I wrote about in previous post.


Kinkaku :)
Gold Gold Gold!!!! 
It's just gorgeous.... but doesn't it hurt your eyes when you sit inside of the golden room??



We had fish noodle for lunch at the restaurant in front of Kinkakuji.

After lunch, we took a bus and a train to Fushimi Inari Taisha 【伏見稲荷大社】
This place is known as the most popular place to visit among foreigners.
The film "Sayuri (Memoirs of a Geisha) and many other Japanese films were taken here.




More than a thousand red gates (Torii 鳥居) were continuously built from here.






The map of this shrine.
I saw this place in a commercial once and always wanted to see it through my eyes.

Our last stop was Sanjusangendo (三十三間堂)


Cameras were not allowed inside so I took the exterior of the 120 meters long building.
I think if you haven't been here, this place is the must-see.
This exterior look is super simple but the inside is really gorgeous and majestic.
There are a thousands of wooden statues (Kannon) covered with gilt 
which surround a huge Kannon statue in the middle.
I've been here when I was 12 for a school trip 
and remember I was overwhelmed by the dignity of atmosphere.
I felt the same way this time too.


By the wall which surrounds Sanjusangendo.
I was wearing,

Jacket : Le Ciel Bleu
Stole : Citrus
Bag : Saint Laurent


Two days weren't enough to experience the whole things I wanted to do.
Next time, I want to see more of this beautiful city in, maybe, different season.

All the great food I had in Kyoto didn't fit in my last three posts, 
it will be on the next :)

xoxo
Yuki♪





























No comments:

Post a Comment