Thursday, May 9, 2019

::UKETSUGU::

日本語ver. → こちら

My cousin's wedding day♪
Last year, my brother and my cousin got married and our family on my mother's side has been growing★ I've been very happy to welcome new family members. 

My cousin and his wife are based in Hyogo prefecture so all the relatives gathered in Kobe for his wedding. 


My traditional semi-formal look that I inherited from my mother.


My grandmother ordered this kimono for my mother when she was in 20's.
Beautiful chrysanthemum.


This obi was made to match the kimono. 


Inside the changing room....
It is really rare for me to wear a fukuro obi so I forgot how to tie it.
After I finished wrapping myself in the kimono, I called my grandmother for help and she tied it for me perfectly.


Tying a 4 meter long obi is too much work....
Thank you, Grandma♡


Only whitish zouri that I have....


I added some modern feeling to the total look with green accents of kasane-eri (additional collar) and obiage.
For my ring finger (of my right hand), the coral ring my grandmother gave me. 
It matches perfectly with the kimono and obi.

The wedding ceremony and reception were beautiful and heartwarming. 
My cousin's family is very big so that all the guests on groom's side were relatives. It was nice like we were having a big family reunion. 


Happy wedding♡


↓The previous look with the same kimono for my friend's wedding★

(Apr. 2015)

↓Informal look for afterparty of my friend's wedding

(Mar. 2015)


Thank you for reading!

xoxo
Lynn♪


★Social Media★



No comments:

Post a Comment