Wednesday, March 2, 2016

::Oshima::

日本語ver. → HERE

Sunday in my mother's kimono.
I was too lazy to get up early in the morning on that day but there is not much to do until 6 pm so I threw on one of my mother's beautiful kimonos after lunch.


The fabric of this kimono is called "Oshima-tsumugi"
Beautifully weaved fabric with pre-dyed threads, only made in Kagoshima Prefecture. 
The fabric is really smooth and doesn't easily get wrinkled by wearing it.
Oshima tsumugi has been rare and so valuable because there are less and less artisans who will take over the traditional technique.


I always wanted to wear this Oshima for a long time but didn't know which obi to pair it with until I found this obi. 


I wore this obi for the New Year's day this year.
Click HERE to jump to the whole article on this look.


I kept the collar white to look simple this time.





It was my first time to wear a Oshima kimono and I found out that it is so light and very easy for me to walk in it.


A pair of zouris I ordered last year.
I love these thongs in spacey colors.



I heard they were having the plum blossom festival in the park which is about 30 mins away from my place so I jumped on a train and went to see the plum blossoms.
And yeah.... as you can see, I forgot to take photos of them. There were actually so many beautiful plum trees in the park. I don't know why I took just this picture with naked trees. LOL


There was a little flower market inside the park.

It's already March and spring is almost here.
Need to plan sakura viewings for this year!


Thank you for reading.

xoxo
Lynn♪



★Social Media★

















No comments:

Post a Comment