Wednesday, September 20, 2017

::Midnight Forest::

日本語ver. → こちら

So, I was in Portland, OR. for my (host) sister's wedding. I was so happy to be back there to celebrate her new start with her lovely husband. 
We are the same age and I spent so much time with her on our sophomore year at high school. 


I was so glad and honored to be invited as a part of her family. 
The theme colors of their wedding were navy blue and burgundy. I didn't know until I got there for the rehearsal but I happened to have my nails in burgundy :D


The aisle ♡

For this happy occasion, I chose to wear my newest kimono♡



A "hitoe" kimono with a pattern of forest in midnight blue gradation.


With a silver checker obi.



Romantic summer collar with lions and flowers.
Fake collar with a gold hem and a checkered pattern.
In our culture, a kimono with more layers has been considered to be more formal. So nowadays we give a look a higher rank by adding fake collars like this.




Total Look★
I love how this kimono looks like the cosmos rather than forest. But Oregon is a beautiful state which is rich in nature, it was something meaningful to wear this kimono :D


Shoes with a snake-like thong.
Snakes are symbolized as good fortune, right? 



Carried my Whiting & Davis clutch.


It was still warm during the day in Oregon, but autumn was definitely coming. Leaves had started turning red. I almost wanted to stay longer to see beautiful views full of red leaves.



The wedding was so lovely♡
The venue was in the building with a long history as a playhouse and a theater. 



I loved seeing guests dancing and enjoying themselves at the wedding cause we don't have a culture of dancing during a wedding in Japan.


I was so happy to be there!!!

Thank you for having me, Nina and Will.
Congratulations! Wish you both for more happy years to come♡

photos by Fr. Constantine Parr (My American Dad♡)

Two other looks with the same obi!! ↓

(Mar. 2016)




Thank you for reading!

xoxo
Lynn♪


★Social Media★

No comments:

Post a Comment