Monday, October 31, 2016

::Kimono Show::

日本語ver. → こちら

A friend of mine from Kyoto kindly invited me to an amazing kimono show at Kimono Salone in Nihonbashi, Tokyo last weekend.
Yasuo Aono from Aono Koubou (青野工房) is one of the kimono artisans who creates modern and playful kimonos in the most graceful way. When I started wearing kimono a couple of years ago, I was net-surfing in search of great kimono artisans and found his collections which caught my eyes. I'm so honored to finally see his creations on runway.











Every piece was so beautiful that everyone can fall in love with.
Yasuo Aono himself is also a musician and the background music was all beatles :)


With the designer, Yasuo Aono.


After the show, my friends and I had fun seeing some workshops provided by kimono artisans.


Painting workshop.




Demonstration of how to make silk strings from cocoons.


My new friend from Saudi Arabia tried reeling silk off cocoons.


Beautiful kimono with gorgeous lilies displayed.


Actually it was my first time to visit Kimono Salone. It was so much fun learning about kimonos with my friends there.



Thank you for reading.

xoxo
Lynn♪



★Social Media★







No comments:

Post a Comment