Wednesday, January 24, 2018

::Marigold::

日本語ver. → こちら

Happy Kimono Photoshooting☆

Last year, KIMONO BIJIN got me a chance to be a part of Halloween Kimono Look show that took place at Ueno park during Tokyo Edo Week 2017. 


Kimono girls showed off their own kimono styles on the stage and it was really nice to get to know each other through this event. 
The post about this fashion show is HERE.

This is when I met Sheila Cliff, the author of "The Social Life of Kimono".
She's from England and currently teaches English and Kimono culture at a collage in Saitama.


After Tokyo Edo Week, she contacted me on instagram and invited me to be a part of her research project "箪笥びらき The Kimono Closet
She's been collecting interviews of 50 women from different generations and researching what kind of kimonos they own, how they were kept in modern houses, etc...

Sheila and her photographer, Todd, came over to my place the other day, and we had so much fun through the interview and taking some photos of the kimonos I own. It was so nice to get to know them♡ 

My story on "The Kimono Closet" will be up on their website, instagram or facebook later. 
I will share their posts once they are posted. 

After the interview and having a coffee break together, we went out to take some instagram photos by the river. 

Here's one of the beautiful shots by Todd Fong♪

Isn't this so beautiful????

The color of my kimono totally matched with the yellow grass on the ground.

To invite my new friends over to my apartment for the first time, I chose to dress myself in warm colors, but still in a modern style.


My pineapple kimono♡


Rumi Rock shiny obi.







Sheila and Todd checking the photos.


I always wanted to take some photos in front of this graphical art. 
Thank you for the great opportunity and looking forward to seeing my story on your website, Sheila and Todd ♡

Here are my archive looks in the same kimono↓


(Mar. 2017)


(Nov. 2015)

Thank you for reading!

xoxo
Lynn♪


★Social Media★


No comments:

Post a Comment