SnapWidget Instagram

Thursday, February 18, 2016

::Victorian & Kimono:: NYFW Fall 2016

日本語ver. → HERE


While going through most of the runway looks from NY, my eyes got caught by some Victorian-ish mood that they had.
Here are some of those beautiful dresses which I wish to wear some day.


Alice and Olivia


Cynthia Rowley




Marchesa




Naeem Kahn




Reem Acra

And one thing I was looking forward to seeing in NYFW this year was the very first Kimono show produced by Hiromi Asai.
I've seen some modern designed kimonos on runway in Tokyo but it is the huge news among Kimono market in Japan that Kimonos were on the catwalk of NYFW.

Here are some looks from the show.






Hiromi Asai (Kimono Artisan)

It was truly exciting that the world had a great opportunity to get to know a piece of Japanese culture. I'm so happy that traditional kimonos were accepted by one of the top fashion shows in the world. 

*Some sentences are removed from the original post as my respect for the designer and all the people who helped her make it happen. 


Thank you for reading.


xoxo
Lynn♪


Photos borrowed from WWD.com


★Social Media★